Nano & Chemical Technology
Our research programs use, nano and chemical technologies individually and in combinations to evolve with novel tools.
1. Use of nano structured iron oxide nanoparticles for developing simple and instrument free DNA isolation system
Publications:Instrument-free, automation and multi-platform ready unmodified iron Oxide based DNA isolation system J Biochem Tech (2012) 3(4): 384-388. Rajani Kanth Vangala, Sridevi G, Veeresh Hugar
2. Developing silica nanoparticles for concentrating proteins from any source (patent pending).
This technology for on-chip assay systems for biomarkers
1. Ethanolic gels for biospecimen: Development of silica and ethanolic gel for biospecimen collection and storage.
2. Development of bio-chemical hand sanitizer: Biologically validated biochemicals for hand sanitization.
3. Surface chemistry: Surface modification of polyvinyl and plastic for bio-molecules binding